CMM Programmer/Operator (All Shifts)
We are seeking a person who is organized, diligent, technically motivated and committed to delivering a high level of customer satisfaction to perform CMM inspection, service, and measurement of all products, in an efficient and timely manner. The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting all engineering, quality assurance, and appropriate industry standards for which the equipment is sanctioned.
1st Shift: Monday through Friday starting at 7am
2nd Shift: Monday through Friday starting at 4pm, shift premium differential is available for this shift.
Alternate Shift: Alternate and Flexible shifts available for 2nd and 3rd shift positions, based on machining center availability
- Company paid medical insurance premiums, with health savings account contributions monthly.
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Voluntary insurance such as dental, vision, and life/disability
- Paid Time Off
Key responsibilities & duties
- Adhere to Company and safety policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute CMM programs on Zeiss CMM Equipment for incoming, in-process and final inspection of purchased, in-process and finished products to ensure conformance to design specifications, including tolerances, physical criteria, etc.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspection through the use of measuring devices, for purchased, in-process and finished products to ensure that they satisfy quality standards and industry codes and standards.
- Review quality documents for accuracy to specifications and quality of presentation.
- Work in partnership with manufacturing, management, and vendors to identify and eliminate the causes of quality problems.
- Identify and label all quality defects; generate NCRs for components, etc., which do not meet the applicable requirements.
- Perform and schedule manual hand tool calibration to ensure compliance with calibration records.
- Participate and complete all mandatory and required overtime including Saturday and Sunday, to meet customer schedules and deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Aerodyn management.
Academic qualifications and work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of CMM Programming/Measuring parts with tight tolerances.
- Previous Zeiss experience is preferred.
- Previous experience using calipers, micrometers, height gages, optical comparators, and other precise measurement devices.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook)
- AS9100D or ISO 9001:2015 familiarity
- Must be self-directed and able to deliver under pressure, meeting customer and management deadlines
- Must be highly motivated and comfortable operating independently as well as within a team environment
- Must demonstrate the ability to act professionally.
- Minimum to no travel required.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time throughout the shift.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time throughout the shift.
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office/warehouse to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, move, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
**The opportunity to develop skills through in-house training, at other Aerodyn facilities globally and through recognized training sources, will be available where necessary.**
Aerodyn is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aerodyn are always looking for skilled and enthusiastic individuals who want to challenge themselves in an exciting and evolving company. We offer extensive training and exposure to leading technologies across multiple sites, you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skill set.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing global organization, send us your CV and cover letter.
"*" indicates required fields