Instrumentation/Flight Test Technician
We are seeking a person who is flexible, diligent, technically motivated, and willing to travel 75%-100% of their time. This person will be committed to delivering a high level of customer satisfaction to perform sensor application, testing, and other related tasks for the gas turbine engines and similar flight test hardware at customer locations. This person must display a positive, professional, and proactive attitude. This position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask; as well as be a strong communicator.
1st Shift (These shifts will vary based on customer site test requirements)
- Company paid medical insurance premiums, with health savings account contributions monthly.
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Voluntary insurance such as dental, vision, and life/disability
- Paid Time Off
Key responsibilities & duties
- Adheres to Company safety rules and policies; as well as customer site safety requirements.
- Applies and checks instrumentation, builds assemblies and carries out checks, troubleshooting and related technical tasks according to blueprints, powerpoints, test plans or other definition if applicable.
- Ability to offer “On the fly” troubleshooting without detailed instructions or definition will be commonly required.
- Applies knowledge and ability to use hand tools and operate test equipment such as DVMs (Digital Volt Meters), leak checking equipment, calipers, etc. according to established procedures.
- Reads and understands basic wiring diagrams.
- Submits purchase requests for parts and/or supplies as needed.
- Maintains equipment as required for accuracy and longevity.
- Maintains accurate records for tasks completed and issues confronted on a per job, per shift basis.
- Often travels to customer locations to assist in instrumentation and engine testing tasks as needed.
- Participate and complete all mandatory and required overtime, including Saturday and Sunday, to meet customer requirements and deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Aerodyn management.
Academic qualifications and work experience
- Must be able to travel globally for this position (75-80%)
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- MET/EET certifications preferred.
- Hands on experience with aerospace, mechanical and electrical engineering
- Instrumentation application, rake and probe assembly, engine assembly and flight test support knowledge preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present data.
- Must have strong time management skills including the ability to self-manage tasks.
- Must have high levels of attention to detail, be able to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize work daily.
- Must be self-directed and able to deliver under pressure, meeting management deadlines.
- Must be able to decipher and analyze data and offer recommendations specific to customer requirements.
- Must be highly motivated and self-starter and be comfortable operating independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to act professionally and with integrity.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time throughout the shift.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time throughout the shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, move, push and/or pull up to 50-75 pounds.
Aerodyn is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aerodyn are always looking for skilled and enthusiastic individuals who want to challenge themselves in an exciting and evolving company. We offer extensive training and exposure to leading technologies across multiple sites, you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skill set.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing global organization, send us your CV and cover letter.
"*" indicates required fields