Instrumentation / Flight Test Technician
We are seeking a person who is flexible, diligent, technically motivated and committed to delivering a high level of customer satisfaction to perform sensor application, testing and other related tasks for gas turbine engines and similar hardware, in an efficient and timely manner.
Key responsibilities & duties
Your responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- applying and checking instrumentation, building assemblies, carrying out tests and other related technical tasks according to blueprints, PowerPoints, test plans or other definitions.
- applying knowledge and experience to use hand tools and operate test equipment, such as DVMs, leak checking equipment, calipers, resistance and laser welders and micrometers etc. per established procedures
- adhering to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations and following industry standards regarding safety policies and procedures, including the use of PPE
- maintaining a clean, orderly and safe work area
- maintaining equipment as required for accuracy and longevity
- maintaining accurate records for tasks completed and issues confronted on a per job, per shift basis.
- maintaining a professional manner and appearance to enhance the company’s image with customers.
The successful candidate will:
- be well organised and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- be computer literate with good written and oral communication skills (English)
- be able to read and follow engineering drawings, basic wiring diagrams and instructions
- be able and willing to travel within country and abroad for up to 75% each calendar year and will possess valid travel documentation.
Academic qualifications and work experience
- Minimum requirement BTEC Level 3 in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in gas turbine instrumentation, including instrumentation application and rake & probe assembly
- Hands on experience with aerospace, mechanical and electrical engineering
The opportunity to develop skills through in-house training, at other Aerodyn facilities globally and through recognised training sources, will be available where necessary.
Aerodyn is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aerodyn are always looking for skilled and enthusiastic individuals who want to challenge themselves in an exciting and evolving company. We offer extensive training and exposure to leading technologies across multiple sites, you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skill set.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing global organization, send us your CV and cover letter.
"*" indicates required fields