Instrumentation Project Engineer
To plan, execute, and lead in processes and projects related to manufacturing of instrumentation related projects. This position will be responsible for pre-manufacturing schedule, technical knowledge, as well as customer technical communication and overall customer satisfaction related to instrumentation projects at the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to Company safety rules/policies
- Works with customers to fully understand requests and results needed to recommend and plan high level solutions to open ended problems, primarily related to aerothermal rakes and probes, sensor application/calibration, and other instrumentation related projects.
- Manages the preparation of engineering drawings for manufacturing and assembly.
- Collaborates with manufacturing, laboratory, test, quality, engineering teammates, vendors and with customers to optimize designs and follow through with manufacture, assembly and testing.
- Develops the manufacturing/assembly/test flow for each project as required. Identifies risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Establishes and maintains a project report including schedule and cost for all projects to keep upper management and customers updated.
- Works with appropriate internal parties to formulate quotations for projects.
- Requisitions all essential engineered specification parts and equipment as needed.
- Develops and maintains the exact bill of materials for each project.
- Elevates and resolves unforeseen and challenging issues in a timely fashion.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares with team members for continual improvement.
- Supports a continuous learning attitude for relevant technical knowledge. Knowledge comes from internal and external training sessions, experience, and tests carried out on certain projects.
- Participate and complete all mandatory overtime including Saturday and Sunday, as scheduled
Perform other duties as assigned by Aerodyn management.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5+ years prior engineering experience preferred
- 3-5+ years of Aerospace industry experience preferred
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions
- Familiarity with Epicor or similar ERP systems is preferred
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook)
- Strong oral, written and technical communication skills
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed, and be comfortable operating independently as well as within a team environment
- Must be customer-focused and able to work with customers and understand/respond to their needs
- Must have high levels of attention to detail, be able to multi-task and stay organized
- Must demonstrate the ability to act in a professional manner no matter the circumstance
- Minimum travel required
|Working Around Machinery
|Reaching Above the Waist
|Carrying/Lifting <25 lbs.
|Carrying/Lifting <50 lbs.
|Carrying/Lifting <75 lbs.
|Operate Motor Vehicle
|Fine Finger and Hand Dexterity
Aerodyn is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aerodyn are always looking for skilled and enthusiastic individuals who want to challenge themselves in an exciting and evolving company. We offer extensive training and exposure to leading technologies across multiple sites, you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skill set.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing global organization, send us your CV and cover letter.
"*" indicates required fields