CNC Machinists (All Shifts)
We are seeking a person who is diligent, technically motivated, and committed to delivering high quality results to our customers and internal resources. This position will be responsible for taking a concept or drawing and setting up and operating CNC machining centers for prototype or production parts.
1st Shift: Monday through Friday starting at 7am
2nd Shift: Monday through Friday starting at 4pm, shift premium differential is available for this shift.
Alternate Shift: Alternate and Flexible shifts available for 2nd and 3rd shift positions, based on machining center availability
- Company paid medical insurance premiums, with health savings account contributions monthly.
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Voluntary insurance such as dental, vision, and life/disability
- Paid Time Off
Key responsibilities & duties
- Adheres to Company safety rules/policies.
- Read mechanical blueprints and job routings to obtain product specifications (dimensions and tolerances).
- Positions and secures work pieces to holding devices, machine tables, chucks, centers or fixtures.
- Works with stainless and high temp alloys including Hast-X, Inconel, 303/304 stainless, 17-4, etc.
- Ability to set specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut in accordance with material specifications and tooling guidelines in order to achieve high quality and efficient results.
- Observes operation and verifies conformance of machined work pieces to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, bore gauges, pins and micrometers.
- Adheres to manufacturing/quality procedures and company policies.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Focused on future customer needs and initiates potential product development projects to gain competitive advantage.
- Participate and complete all required and mandatory overtime to meet customer deadlines, including Saturday and Sunday, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Aerodyn management.
Academic qualifications and work experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of machinist experience in a manufacturing environment
- Aerospace industry experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the capabilities/limitations of all conventional/CNC machines and welding equipment
- G & M code programming and Mastercam preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be responsive to the needs of all customers.
- Must be able to multi-task and stay organized.
- Must be self-directed and able to deliver under pressure, meeting customer and management deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated and self-starter and be comfortable operating independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must have high levels of attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to act professionally.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time throughout the shift
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time throughout the shift
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office/warehouse to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, move, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
The opportunity to develop skills through in-house training, at other Aerodyn facilities globally and through recognized training sources, will be available where necessary.
Aerodyn is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aerodyn are always looking for skilled and enthusiastic individuals who want to challenge themselves in an exciting and evolving company. We offer extensive training and exposure to leading technologies across multiple sites, you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skill set.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing global organization, send us your CV and cover letter.
"*" indicates required fields