Manufacturing Project Manager
The Manufacturing Project Manager will be an integral member of a dynamic team tasked with managing customer projects and acting as an interface between clients and the manufacturing departments. Candidates will provide day-to-day project leadership and work with engineering and shop personnel to meet quality, budget, and schedule requirements. Candidates will need to have experience in machining and/or manufacturing engineering, assembly and quality.
1st Shift: Monday through Friday
- Company paid medical insurance premiums, with health savings account contributions monthly.
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Voluntary insurance such as dental, vision, and life/disability
- Paid Time Off
Key responsibilities & duties
- Responsible for managing all projects from start to finish in the ERP system:
- Tracks progress of job communicating effectively with all parties;
- Will track the cost of the project against the estimate that was proposed to the customer.
- Establishes and maintains MS Project Schedule such as Line of Balance.
- Communicates with customer all information related to the project including the schedule, any technical issues, errors or concessions, scope changes, regular periodic updates, customer supplied materials and any control of current models, prints and QADs.
- Coordinates all resources to achieve project completion including internal manufacturing engineers through process planning and tooling and fixtures, internal planning and scheduling, quality, outside vendors managing their capability, certifications and on-site visits, purchasing including the procurement of raw materials and supporting hardware, design and testing.
- Establish project scope, guidelines, deliverables and metrics.
- Monitor or measure manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, or improve quality.
- Serves as the primary contact for assigned customer.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables as well as project tasks and resources requirements.
- Focused on future customer needs and initiates potential product development projects to gain competitive advantage
Academic qualifications and work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to present data to both internal and external customers and managers. Must be responsive to the needs of all customers.
- Must be able to multi-task, stay organized and be able to report out on the status of any customer order at any given time. Must be able to prioritize work daily.
- Must be self-directed and able to deliver under pressure, meeting customer and management deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated and self-starter and be comfortable operating independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must have high levels of computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Project Management Software
- Must have a Manufacturing background and direct work experience in a project management capacity.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions to problems
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in preferred
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience project management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Aerospace industry experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the capabilities/limitations of all conventional/CNC machines and welding equipment.
Aerodyn is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aerodyn are always looking for skilled and enthusiastic individuals who want to challenge themselves in an exciting and evolving company. We offer extensive training and exposure to leading technologies across multiple sites, you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skill set.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing global organization, send us your CV and cover letter.
"*" indicates required fields